- This event has passed.
Prenatal Yoga Course
Wednesday 15 May, 2019 @ 9:30 am - Wednesday 19 June, 2019 @ 10:30 am
Prenatal Yoga Six Week Course
Congratulations on becoming a mother, it is a life-changing event. We believe all women deserve to enjoy their pregnancy and have an empowering birth experience knowing every pregnancy is different and unique to you.
At Inhale Life we provide a safe, nurturing environment for you to nurture yourself prenatally and postnatally. Our classes are guided by our experienced prenatal yoga teachers who have their own experiences to share with you. Our classes are designed to strengthen and prepare you for labour as well as to relax you and teach you tools to mentally prepare for your birthing experience. Our classes are suitable for all trimesters and levels of experience.
Why Do Yoga When You Are Pregnant?
Yoga commonly attracts women who are pregnant for many reasons:
> Ease the aches and pains of pregnancy, including back ache, indigestion, sciatica and calf cramps
> Connect deeply with yourself and your baby
> Strengthen, relax and nourish your body
> Prepare your mind for birth and motherhood
> Meet other local mums-to-be
> Feel confident that all poses are safe for you and your baby
The Benefits of Yoga During Pregnancy
In addition to providing a time for you to connect with yourself and your baby, practising yoga for pregnancy has many physical and emotional benefits:
- Builds strength and flexibility to your body to support you throughout your pregnancy and prepares you for labour.
- A focus on breathing and relaxation techniques that will again assist you throughout your pregnancy and childbirth to calm the nervous system.
- Maintains your overall body fitness and increases your energy and vitality.
- Increases your overall comfort by removing tension and muscle tightness alleviating some of the common discomforts of pregnancy.
- Improves your circulation and muscle tone assisting your respiration, digestion and overall immunity.
- Helps to re-align your posture which can alter significantly during pregnancy
Lessens fatigue and promotes the ability to get a better night’s sleep.
- Introduces positions that will help you to move freely and instinctively during labour
Helps to speed up the recovery process after giving birth.Emotional Benefits:
Provides a special time for you to connect with the changes in your body and to connect with your unborn baby.
- Teaches you how to quieten the mind through relaxation and meditation.
- Helps to build your confidence by heightening your natural abilities to cope with change.
- Provides an opportunity to connect with other mums-to be and to share in your experiences.
Meet your facilitator: Symone Espodito
Join a Community of Pregnant Women and New Mums
Our online members-only community is a safe and supportive place to ask questions, make connections and learn from each other.
It’s a place where the community can chat and be real with each other.
We’d love you to come in and join us!