- This event has passed.
Sanskrit, the Language of Yoga
Saturday 13 October, 2018 @ 1:30 pm - 4:00 pm$75
Sanskrit, the Language of Yoga, is an essential part of every professional yoga student’s education. Explore the meanings, pronunciation and purpose of Sanskrit in the world of modern yoga.
- During this engaging and practical workshop, you will learn: The history and origins of Sanskrit
- An introduction to the alphabet and numbers of Sanskrit Why Sanskrit is relevant and important for modern yogis How to confidently and correctly pronounce Sanskrit words and phrases
- The art of chanting Sanskrit
- Sanskrit and Asana names
- Common Sanskrit words used in Yoga
- What is mantra?
- How to practice mantra?
- What is Bhakti yoga or path of surrender?
- How to bring wisdom of Sanskrit and bhakti yoga into our day to day life.
This workshop is designed for yoga teachers, yoga teacher trainees and yoga students who are curious about Sanskrit, for anyone who wants to increase their confidence in Sanskrit, learn how to correctly pronounce and interpret common Sanskrit words and phrases used in yoga.
If you liked this article please share: