- This event has passed.
Yoga Chikitsa I – Yoga Therapy Teacher Training
Monday 24 June, 2019 @ 8:00 am - Monday 28 October, 2019 @ 5:00 pm
Yoga Chikitsa I – Yoga Therapy
Teacher Training 200 hour Certification
This course will give the practioner a sound understanding from an Ayurvedic perspective how the combination of the wisdom in Yoga with Ayurveda provides a holistic and complete solution to today’s wellness concerns.
Yoga Chikitsa I – Course outline:
- Ayurvedic Principles and the Fundamental structure of human ecology: mind-body and consciousness
- Learn the effects of the five elements and how they relate to our everyday living
- Understand each individual’s unique constitution and how imbalances are expressed through the mind-body connection and with our environment
- Discover how it is possible to have optimal health tapping into energy, vibrancy and vitality every day
- Exploring Ayurvedic Wisdom in Food & Remedies – learn the wisdom in food and how to use natural remedies to heal
- Understanding the Cause & the Cure of Disease from an Ayurvedic perspective
- Learn how to adapt Yoga practices for individual needs – exploring and understanding constitutions from Ayurvedic perspectives and how to adapt them as a therapy
- Importance of Ayurvedic Lifestyle and daily routine
Introduction to Yoga Philosophy & Yoga Therapy
- Philosophy of Yoga & the Mind including Yoga Sutras, Bhagavagita, Mudra, Kriya, Chakra and Kosha’s
- Yoga Anatomy & Alignment
- Modifications in Asana – using props in Yoga Chikitsa
- Relaxation Techniques – including Yoga Nidra, savasana and introduction to Meditation
- Introduction to Pranayama & Mantra
- Restorative Yoga – for physical, mental & emotional health
The Science of Ayurveda & Disease Management
- Ayurvedic concepts & Subtle elements – understanding the fundamentals in guna’s, 5 elements, dosha’s, prakrit’s and vrikritti’s
- Food & Remedies – understand the concept of agni and ama
- Understand the Cause & the Cure of Disease – explore the six stages of disease
- Principles of expansion and contraction according to energy also known as Brahmana and Langhana
- Asana & Pranayama for the Dosha – exploring and understanding constitutions from Ayurvedic perspectives and how to adapt them as a therapy
- Learn Ayurvedic Lifestyle & Daily Routine – the daily practices in morning routine to cleanse the body and mind to prevent the build up of toxins.
- Code of Conduct – Principals, Values & Good Practices for One on one
- Assessing your Student – from assessment to questionnaires
- Case Studies – real life scenarios
- Yoga Therapy Business (social media business, vision of business, conscious marketing, insurance & accreditation)
- Assessments – take home assessments & practical
- Mentoring – self development and support for the individual student with facilitators Sunita & Romina
The YCI is the outcome of two very passionate senior teachers of Ayurveda, Yoga Therapy & Meditation who have come together to create a level of training that combines more than 40 years of their own experience and an institute that provides the optimum in yoga therapy education.
Meet Sunita & Romina
Sunita Patil is a yogini, teacher, writer, artist, and coach. She offers the most comprehensive yoga, Ayurveda and meditation teachings and practices so people can realize the wisdom within—bringing true happiness, freedom and fulfilment to their lives. Sunita has over a 30 years of experience in the personal practice of yoga, and over the past 18 years, she has taught 1,000s of students worldwide (Australia, USA and India).
Romina Di Federico is an internationally accredited Yoga and Meditation teacher and is recognised and respected as one of Yoga Australia’s senior yoga teachers. Romina has been practicing yoga for the past 20 years and has been teaching since 2004. She has studied ISHTA yoga in the USA, taught in India for 3 years and studied Ayurveda since 2007.